Golden Minerals Company

Welcome To The ECU Silver Mining HUB On AGORACOM Edit this title from the Fast Facts Section
in response to Quixote2's message

Actually the company had sufficient funds to carry out planned 2016 activities and would have been at zero come Dec 2016 unless they completed some kind of financial raise (which they just did) or cut 2016 planned expenditures (which they could have), both options were on the table. I would have waited and cut expenditures further although over the last 3 years this might have been a losing strategy so they didn't. This money along with a further $5 million from Hecla for 2017 now extends the company well into 2017 depending on 2017 planned exploration expenditures, etc. and maybe even until end of 2017 if they are smart in their allocations. A restart of production is a simple matter given stopes opened, upgrade of sulphide mill during the last restart and should require less than a million including a couple months operating costs. I expect they would stop exploration temporarily and draw from those funds for a restart if economics dictate they should. The real question is when to pull the trigger as they won't want to shut down production a third time. The funds are now available anytime they want to try over the next year or so but there is no leeway for mistakes.

You might be right on offers but Sentient, as you suggest, won't let this company go cheap, at least I don't think so from past information and given their long term investment profile.

Please login to post a reply
gwr1
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
01/06/2008
Social Links
Private Message