Golden Minerals Company

Welcome To The ECU Silver Mining HUB On AGORACOM Edit this title from the Fast Facts Section
in response to cockerel1's message

May I assume Argoz that you pay about 30% in income tax but you pay for medicine and similar out of your own pocket ( out of yours even if it is in the form of private insurance).
As Cockerel, I was also full time in Canada but my income was in the mid 30% range ( was single) so it was ok. However for a better comparison, a cousin of mine had a combined gross income with wife of near 200 thousand canadian. Last time I asked he paid 42 or 43 percent in personal income tax. Of course that includes health benefits and pension deductions among others.
That is the Canadian-American difference = social vs fend for yourself. Actually it is not much of a difference imo.

What I understand is the big difference regarding US taxes is that the Bush administration gave the wealthy a tax break with this economic crisis in full view. The excuse was that the savings to the individuals and corporation would be rolled back to create more jobs.
Am I correct with that assumption and memory?

So my question is:
Was that money used to create more jobs? I doubt it, especially when I see corporation after corporation stating record profits and the top management with huge 'Bonuses'.
That is what disgusts me.

Then you wonder why some of those huge corporations "manipulate" the stocks with impunity. They do because government and hence the regulators allow them to. They scare off the investor from real money and stocks based on it. If they did not then government would have to tackle the debt and depreciating dollar much sooner.

Just my jaded opinion.

Please login to post a reply
Edgy
City
southern Ontario (often in Europe)
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
07/20/2006