Golden Minerals Company

Welcome To The ECU Silver Mining HUB On AGORACOM Edit this title from the Fast Facts Section
in response to gildage's message

Hi Gildage.

The points on the curve that define the long-term pricing channel are not arbitrary. They are in fact derived by simple "best fit" analysis. The parallels indicated in my interpretation of the Monthly Gold chart are based on the most number of price points - highs and lows - that touch the boundaries defined, and thus best fit the channel. So I'm more than open to any other technical interpretation that can be defined in a similar manner. Bear in mind I have found that Log-based charts are the most reliable when it comes to defining long-term trendlines.

If you think I've skewed them or missed something in my interpretation then I'd be the first person interested in a rebuttle. Fundamental events don't always corroborate the technicals, so I'm not quite convinced it's appropriate to mix both measures into the what amounts to a purely technical equation, even if both measures of investment entry/exit points are valid when examined on their own bases.

PS. Thanks for the am "funnies" Moose! The good chuckle went exceedingly well with my morning coffee.

PPS. The feedback on Europe today has been most enlightening. I hope to continue to explore this thread through the week as the story unfolds.

Please login to post a reply
ESL
City
Vicinity of Ottawa Ontario
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
09/19/2007
Social Links