Golden Minerals Company

Welcome To The ECU Silver Mining HUB On AGORACOM Edit this title from the Fast Facts Section

Sigh!

Well, what a journey!...from 1 cent to $3 plus...to the teens I believe...consolidation... buggering on through years of tortuitous, overwhelming and massive manipulation of gold, silver and the stocks, exemplified by ECU. We were taunted, ridiculed, demeaned and robbed, but unbroken.

And who led the way on this journey through the long, dark valley? Bill Murphy, Chris Powell, GATA, John Embry, Jim Sinclair and a core of others. If it weren't for the courage, tenacity, knowledge and honest conviction of such "tin foil hatters" I know I would never have made it. Reading Bill Murphy's "LeMetropole Cafe" almost daily for over 11 years has given me, and I' sure many others, the strength to carry on. There were many nights of anguish for us all. Many of us lost credibility with friends and family because we were armed with knowledge that few understood or cared about. I submit that none expected the path to be so long. We all carry the wounds.

But thanks to Bill Murphy et al, here we stand. I'm sure many of us still around feel a deep sense of gratitude to the above mentioned. I thank you gentlemen, and most especially, Bill Murphy.

I think if we took "before and after" pictures of Michel and all the longs...we would see a lot of furrowed brows and market scars today. But most importantly of all, we would see beaming smiles and happy eyes! We would see the battle scars of time and determination. We would see the satisfying look of personal vindication and we would see a tempered wisdom that only comes with having had one's feet exposed to the fire. (Thank God I at least convinced my wife to invest in Sprott and RBC PM funds!).

If we were to meet, we would have a quiet understanding that we stood the test of time and believed in our principles at a very high cost, personally and financally. We would share a common bond. Now that's a different kind of fraternity alltogether.

But today, today, we celebrate...and justiably so. We will now enjoy the rewards we so justly deserve, rewards that are far more meaningful than ust dollars. We all have much to look forward to, finally!

Cheers all!

Please login to post a reply
sinbob
City
Winnipeg
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
02/07/2008