Golden Minerals Company

Welcome To The ECU Silver Mining HUB On AGORACOM Edit this title from the Fast Facts Section
in response to bigpic4ever's message

One thing that bothered me regarding the rally, and perhaps one of you could offer an explanation, and Mr. Soul, I think you alluded to it.

What exactly is the problem with Beck holding the rally on the anniversary of the I have a Dream speech? Isn't that a racist, knee jerk statement, and one that I heard often over the last few days? Do Beck's ideals represent something anti-Black? And I'm asking, as I don't know, they might. Is it that all conservatives are viewed as anti-Black? Maybe all white Christians are viewed as anti-Black?

Is it something about Beck's movement or followers that is insulting to Blacks such that even if such followers don't overtly say or do racist things, that the mere thought of them having a get together on that day is unacceptable? Or is it merely insensitive, and if so, why? The whole thing disgusted me - even if Beck had intentionally scheduled the rally for the anniversary of the speech - I mean who cares when the rally is, unless, again, the Becksters are known to be anti-Black or anti-human rights.

Isn't that a little like so many people in NY and throughout the country saying, for the most part, anyway, that Muslims surely have a right to have a mosque near ground zero, but wish they would choose otherwise, only on a basis of sensitivity to the many who were profoundly affected by the 9/11 attacks and who have been led to believe that those that took part in the attack were of the Muslim faith?

Soul, I've always liked the way you say you don't want to get into it, just after you already have!! Anyway, as always, the manner in which you write is persuasive, but I think both you and Pic have your agendas and it blinds you at least partially to how others feel, and the basis for those feelings.

Please login to post a reply
Babaoriley
City
Los Angeles
Rank
Vice President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
02/05/2008
Social Links