Golden Hope Mines

Golden Hope Mines Limited is a junior mining company trading on the TSX Venture Exchange under the symbol GNH and on the Pink Sheets in the U.S. under the symbol GOLHF.
what next?
over 14 years ago
in response to brattymack's message

Hi Brad - Yes, I believe many of us may have done similar math linking Beland to Laval's Mountain (I think that was the quartz outcrop at the NE end of the claims block you were referring to) to determine the potential of this deposit. I think the biggest "IF" (the one that carries the most risk in your calculation), is whether this deposit is in fact uniform in grade and genesis along the entire 20 km+ strike. Some of you may remember the question I asked Tilsley at the AGM with respect to the possibility that there are gradients of gold grades throughout this deposit.

Your back of the envelope calculations assume a homogenous (albeit nuggety) distribution of gold throughout all of the quartz in the region. This is certainly possible if the hydrothermal solution that intruded/formed this belt contained equal parts of silica, carbonates and gold because it had been carrying the gold solution for some time and diffusion equilibrium provided even distribution. However, the original source of the gold in the hydrothermal system becomes important here because if the gold was "picked up" late in the intrusion process it may be possible that some areas intruded the diorite before diffusion had a chance to create a homogenous solution and thus we would have gradients in the system that reflect this. This might lead to barren or extremely low grade stretches of quartz along our 20 km+ belt.

For my sanity I have adopted the latter model- until Tilsley et al. prove me wrong. It is not that I am a pessimist but I prefer surprises to the upside and frankly I'm too young to start thinking about retirement.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Scott

Please login to post a reply
YukonCornelius
City
Toronto
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined