Copper Fox Metals Inc.

Welcome To the Copper Fox Metals Inc. HUB On AGORACOM Copper Fox Metals is a Canadian-based resource company focused on developing the world-class Schaft Creek Project in northwestern British Columbia.
in response to deeppocket83's message

I'm not quite as pessimistic about life after the election as Web but I do have concerns.

He and I live in a province where former NDP leader and BC Premier Glen Clark is now Jimmy Pattison's right-hand man. Where David Emerson disguised himself as a Liberal to get elected only to cross the floor. So the only ideal I count on anyone or any party remaining loyal to is their own re-election.

Several months ago I spoke to Adrian Dix about the Golden Triangle, the NTL, the benefits of a healthy mining industry in BC, and the need to create opportunities for young British Columbians. While the points I made were easy to agree to, for what it was worth, I did walk away with the comfort he was at least aware of the potential of NW BC.

Here's where I get worried:

Earlier Chunky mentioned a number of industries in BC that are suffering. But look closely at solid wood. West Fraser, Weyerhaeuser, and Canfor (WFT, WY, CFP respectively) stocks are up considerably over the last several months, with US, Asia, and UK export season only weeks away. Analysts are suggesting pulp will become stronger - Raymond James just revised its forecast for Canfor Pulp (CFX) from $17 to $23. Whoever wins the next election will do so at a time when the forest industry will be at its healthiest in a long time. Will strength in this sector make it easier to be more critical in another, such as mining, where issuing permits can be unpopular and jobs may not happen in this term?

Now put that together with this:

The Sierra Club of BC has an acting executive director. Why? Because their usual executive director, George Heyman, is on leave and is the NDP candidate for Vancouver/Fairview. George was the president of the BCGEU for a number of years. He's popular, has support, and I expect he'll win easily.

So, if the NDP forms BC's next government, George will have an influential voice within. That worries me.

Cheers and GLTA.

Please login to post a reply
CK Dexter Haven
City
Prince George
Rank
Treasurer
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
11/29/2011