Connacher Oil and Gas

Welcome to the Connacher Oil and Gas Hub on AGORACOM
in response to goingsolo's message

"You might call me greedy but like you, I am only in this to make money"

Yes we're both in it to make money the difference between us is ethics. Unlike you I do have a problem with putting a good company out of business to make a profit. I'm sure you don't even think about the workers put out of a job and their families if you succeed in driving CLL down to zero. For you it's all about the buck..

Shorters do have a purpose in the market as they keep the greed on the upside from going unchecked.Diference is greed on the upside only hurts those buying at the highs and in many cases benefit the company being pumped as it allows them to raise cash under better terms and lower levels of dilution ( The dirty little secret that our King dismisses is that unethical companies often employ boiler rooms to pump up their stocks in order for them to raise funds). No with shorts the investor that sells low is the loser..BIG difference between the short/long runs is that very often companies are unable to recover after you shorts are done with them.SO the shorts hurt both the company and the investor.

IN FACT I'd argue CULL is precisely in the position it's in due to shorter greed. Had you guys not driven it down to .63 cents in 2008 ( considering it had 600 million cash on hand and 200 million in available credit) CLL wouldn't have had to issue another 220 million shares at .90 cents, They did this to make sure they didn't spend their cash for expansion on operating costs...They may have decided to use the 600 million to ride it out then issue a much smaller share offering at a higher level...

So your greed is killing a good company..You guys got to know when to stop..what good is putting a company out of business when you can let it live and short it another day.

Please login to post a reply
rebels1
City
Rank
Treasurer
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
10/17/2007
Social Links
Private Message