Connacher Oil and Gas

Welcome to the Connacher Oil and Gas Hub on AGORACOM
in response to willysam's message

It is my understanding that NG is the cleanest burning energy there is

I also think so.

But here in Belgium the strange thing is we had to ay extra taxes if we use NG as a fuel in our cars and on the other hand we have always trouble in summer with car dust pollution specially from diesel engines which are not taxeded?

Sometimes politicians have a strange thinking.

As a Marketing Manager, I always used to accentuate the saying "strive for perfection but, accept results". Meaning in this context, make the bitumen extraction as environmentally friendly as possible consistent with the reality of cost constraints, market pricing acceptability and environmental mandates. It is up to government and the national culture to assure that the mandates are not so onerous as to prevent technology from solving the critical issues. If we strive to make the requirements in environmental terms so onerous that they cannot be met, then we will only pay a price which I am not at all sure society is ready to accept. The choice between loss of mobility or, a price which none can afford for fuel. Perhaps the neadrethals represented by the environmental whackos are comfortable with such a choice. But, I doubt the general population is!

You're right Brian.So that's why I'm more for an approach to stimulate the use of other energy as well so that targets can be met without escalating price of oil.I believe alternative projects can go hand in hand with oil devellopment and economic stimulation as well without putting a halt on peoples mobillity.

But driving can also be halted by itself.You have been in Europe so you know the cities up here are very crawdy ,not fun to drive in the narrow streets ,founding trouble to found a parking place which cost a lot of money too etc..So what do we here to avoid all that.I take my Harley to go to town or if weather is bad I take bus or tram.It's not so pleasant here to go by car in towns.

Please login to post a reply
sharky
City
Gent (Belgium)
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
10/12/2007
Social Links