Connacher Oil and Gas

Welcome to the Connacher Oil and Gas Hub on AGORACOM
in response to bbqdays's message

BBQ

They'll pay for more police, and instead of doing what needs to be done -- foot and bicycle patrols through the neighborhoods -- they'll sit comfortably in their squad cars waiting for drivers going 10mph over the speed limits on their ways to work to earn livings. It's such a disgusting travesty. What to do?

It's just the same up here.The more people are calling for security on the streets the higher the controls on speed limits.It's just easy money for financing the extra cops.In the Flemisch region were I live at almost every red light there are speed camera's and some hidden onces on major roads.

Recently I read something about peak oil again.They stated that there is no demand shortage at current time and also will not in short time.If you take in account the oil sand reserves in Canada that is equivalent with Saoudi's oil then there is a lot of reserves available.The only problem is the extraction method for these bitumen.If we like it or not though we are invested in an oil sands company it's still is a dirty method no matter what you do.Is it by scrapping of the surface,injection with steam or burning below it cost a lot of energy.If they should found some more cleaner methods if possible that could change the approach.

There are a lot of artickles written about CO2 emissions etc..on the pro and contra front but the truth will be in the middle like always.So the price of oil can go up in time but IMO not directly based on shortage but on methods for extraction.They will use that bitumen but if they shouldn't be no rules that would lead to catastrofic events.

I think they plan to bring on more enviriomental friendly systems on the market so that oil development can also go further on but CO2 emisisons can be controlled.The investment on solars here are rapidly moving up,green cars too.

Please login to post a reply
sharky
City
Gent (Belgium)
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
10/12/2007
Social Links