Connacher Oil and Gas

Welcome to the Connacher Oil and Gas Hub on AGORACOM
in response to MarlboroDog's message

My country (USA), needs to be reminded that "you do not bite the hand that feeds you".

Canada is the largest supplier of crude oil to the US. If we in the US do not like petroleum derived from the Oil Sands, then let us get it from somwhere else for a while. My country has a right to be crazy and stupidly pig headed. It also has the right to get its oil from somewhere else if the powers that be in the US are that stupid. Don't let us push you around Canada. The way things are going in the US, we will not be the largest consumer of oil anyway. As a Marketing Manager, one of the first lessons I learned is, never become too tied to any one customer. Diversivy, diversify, diversify your end market consumers! Let Obama bloviate all he wants to. Lets see, what is our percentage in the US of alternative fueled cars? Less than 1%. With 300 million cars on the road, we are not moving to alternative powered vehicles any time soon. Particularly with 15 to 16% of the people out of work. Yes that s the "real" unemployment rate. And an unemployed nation does not buy a lot of cars. And Obama cannot afford to buy everyone a new "green car"!

Brian

Please login to post a reply
BKM8572
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
01/27/2008
Social Links