St. Elias Mines

Welcome To the St. Elias Mines HUB On AGORACOM Keep in mind, the opinions on this site are for the most part speculation and are not necessarily the opinions of the company
Another success
about 12 years ago

Every once and a while I will look at some of the new companies that are employing the Quantec services on their properties. I look for comparisons and the accuracy rates as well as the understandings that are revealed. I have to say I get more impressed each time I do this and feel the realization that more and more companies are having of the capabilities with this technology. No wonder Quantec is rapidly growing and have expanded their business recently to 8 countries.

Time after time I am finding new companies that are using Quantec hitting their targets where they should be and getting the accompanying mineralization in relation to the targets.The Quantec has evolved into a very impressive tool that now sees the successful juniors using it along side the majors that have used this technology since inception. A quick look at their website will show the increase in customers since we first had our Titan done on the Tesoro.

So,I see target after target of other companies getting hit by the drills and bringing back good numbers, like they should.The chargeability anomalies are the ones that are easy to understand and correlate when high sulphide content is present in the deposit. By observing the sulphides at or near surface by prior work done on a property, you have a signature that you can coorelate with the Quantec data to appreciate what the targets mean under ground. There are other correlations and different aspects that you use for different understandings of the technology, but I will just talk about the chargeabilty anomalies in this post, its much simpler.

So, here is an excerpt below from a Barker Minerals release that employed Quantec;

FC04-13 is located approximately 750 metres to the west of the FC11-03 discovery area on line 57N and 21W which was drilled to test an IP chargeability high/resistivity low. Most significantly, a wide interval of sericite alteration was intersected over 70 metres, from 222.2 to 291.5 metres; this unit is very similar in style to the alteration in the important gold zones in other drill holes. The altered zone contained disseminated and stringer sulphides throughout, reaching up to 10% in places, with narrow semi-massive/massive sulphide intervals. Pyrite and chalcopyrite were most common with lesser sphalerite and pyrrhotite. A 0.2 metre band of massive chalcopyrite-pyrite-sphalerite was intersected at 257.6 metres. The most significant continuous interval of mineralization occurred from 257.1 to 268.5 metre: 11.4 metre @ 0.8% Cu, <0.01% Pb, 0.10% Zn. Within, and after, this interval is a strongly anomalous gold zone from 257.10 metres to 277.70 metres with 19 of 28 individual samples returning gold assays between .10 g/t Au and 1.71 g/t Au.

Now above, you see they hit their small target quite accurately with a very good description as to what was setting off the Titan. Their altered zone, which was the target, produced the sulphides, up to 10%, like it should have. Your copper and gold is associated with the target and sulphides, like it should.You see they hit a 70m alteration zone, which the Quantec clearly showed that was there and thats where their mineralization was located. Its because of the high chargeability of the sulphides that made this so easy to see on the Quantec.

So, comparing that with our C-1 anomaly, the one that has sulphides between 3-6 % and having an average gold grade of ~1 ounce on the vein with sulphide stringers coming off it, you can see whats giving us one of our small targets. The mineralized host rock in this area of the C-1 is said to be closely confined to both sides of the vein, so its not the host rock we are picking up in this area, but the sulphide stringers that have to be running through the host rock, setting the Quantec off. And, by looking at historical data, we know that gold is usually found with the sulphides on that part of the property. Now if there was only a narrow C-1 vein there, you would not get the signature we are getting, so we have a wide zone of mineralization there and getting wider with depth, the closer we get to the more defined anomaly.

There is a mineralized zone around the A-7 vein that gives off a certain reading on the Quantec, and when you look at the images it seems to suggest that its giving the similar reading of the host rock of the big anomaly. I have no information on what the sulphide content of the mineralized host rock is to compare, but I do know its mineralized and its the country rock. This country rock on the Tesoro seems to be mostly silicified granodiorite, which runs probably for km,s deep and does contain a certain amount of gold up to 2 grams in places, with an extreme around 37 g/t in the Zona Sur area over a narrow width.

So, I believe the big anomaly on the Tesoro is one giant glob of silicified granodiorite intruded by sulphidized quartz that carries gold. All our other anomalies should be the same. I expect higher grades of gold around the edges of these anomalies, with more copper and lesser gold grades towards the centers, but it may stay consistent with high gold grades right through the anomalies. If we only had narrow veins being the gold depositor on the Tesoro, you would not be getting the signatures we have got from the Quantec, so there has to be much more to come.

So, the drill results to date have to be only partial with many holes and explanations to come.

http://www.quantecgeoscience.com/barker-announces-new-gold-discovery-at-frank-creek

http://www.quantecgeoscience.com/

IMO

Please login to post a reply
sculpin
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
08/09/2009