St. Elias Mines

Welcome To the St. Elias Mines HUB On AGORACOM Keep in mind, the opinions on this site are for the most part speculation and are not necessarily the opinions of the company
in response to Ookpick's message

Excellent post oopick.

They are very good tools, but what caught my eye, was the new on site sampling kits. I believe an XRF could be bought for around 40k last year, but I dont know the price on the on site sampler.IMO, this would make perfect sense for us to have this equipment, and maybe that question should be asked of management?

The XRF is good for just getting an idea whats in the core,etc, but you would need more sophisticated sampling to get a true grade. The XRF, or at least the older ones I looked at, give you a small window on the mineralization of a few millimeters, but maybe newer ones are more accurate and give you a wider target area per anayisis. It would appear to me that the new on site sampling array would be more accurate and could get readings on larger samples, which would be excellent for trenching results as well as small drill core samples.

Nevertheless, both tools come in very handy,and both can give you all the info you need on site to guide any program. But, as far as I know, when it comes to 43-101, you have to have samples done by accredited labs.

IMO

Please login to post a reply
sculpin
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
08/09/2009
Social Links