St. Elias Mines

Welcome To the St. Elias Mines HUB On AGORACOM Keep in mind, the opinions on this site are for the most part speculation and are not necessarily the opinions of the company

Here is an excerpt from a description of Goldcorps Red Lake Mine that was used as a comparison to our Titan signature of the anomaly. See how they are mining their narrow high grade veins and how profitable it is. The average grade for them is 68 g/t or slightly above 2 ounces per ton.

The Red Lake Gold Mine is composed of two operating complexes: the Red Lake Complex and the Campbell Complex. Red Lake Gold mine is Canada?s largest gold mine, and in 2009 produced 623k ounces at a cash cost of $288/oz. It is also one of the world?s richest gold mines and lowest cost producers.

In May 2006 Goldcorp acquired the Placer Dome Canadian operations, which saw the combination of two major Canadian gold mining operations. The new Red Lake Gold mines now consists of the Red Lake Complex and the Campbell Complex.

Following the discovery of a high grade ore zone and subsequent expansion of mine facilities, the Red Lake Complex was revitalized and achieved full production on January 1, 2001. Mining is carried out using underground cut and fill techniques allowing maximum ore extraction and minimal dilution. The high-grade, narrow vein system is being mined at the rate of 635 tonnes per day with an average grade of over 68 g/t. The high-grade mineralization and complex geometry of the ore body require operating under unique circumstances. Various mining cut and fill methods are currently in use. The implementation of innovative mining techniques, as well as improvements and refinements to other areas of the operation, has been key to the success of the Red Lake Complex. Goldcorp has implemented the use of Virtual Reality (VR) technology for mine design and planning purposes, and has recently built a state-of-the-art VR studio on site.

http://www.infomine.com/minesite/minesite.asp?site=redlake

Please login to post a reply
sculpin
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
08/09/2009
Social Links