St. Elias Mines

Welcome To the St. Elias Mines HUB On AGORACOM Keep in mind, the opinions on this site are for the most part speculation and are not necessarily the opinions of the company
Re: President
about 13 years ago
in response to Investor11's message

Investor11, you raise a valid point which has been previously discussed, but I would like to bring it up again. You are right, there will always be political risk associated with SLI because Peru is a third-world Latin American country. Until the property sells, the political risk will always be present. The general concensus right now is that the political risk in Peru is low, and let's hope it stays that way. One of my worries has always been that if the Tesoro holds what we think it does, the Peruvian gov't may suddenly take a very keen interest. Remember the actions the Indonesian gov't (albeit extremely corrupt) took when Bre-X was supposed to be the biggest discovery ever. I don't want to scare anyone off either (especially myself!), but one must always keep an eye on the risks. Let's hope the Peruvian gov't continues to honor foreign investment in their country and they don't change the rules because of the size of the prize.

Please login to post a reply
jakestocksnake
City
Edmonton
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
06/28/2010
Social Links