Patriot Scientific

Patriot Scientific Reports Profitable Quarter; Q3 FY '08 Net Income $6.3 Million or $0.02 Basic and Diluted Earnings Per Share.
in response to nearbeer's message

Absolutely agree, there's no comparison in hard dollars. But Cliff certainly doesn't need a raise in order to be able to buy a substantial amount of shares in PTSC.

At a dime, 100k shares of PTSC would cost $10,000.00, which would be either 5.0% or 2.5% of Cliff's pay depending on whether one uses an annual package of $200,000.00 or $400,000.00 (I didn't want to take the time to go back and see what the actual figure is). Also, I didn't take the time to look at the strike price on his options either, but my recollection is that it's far below the dime level. Corrections welcome on any of these numbers, but again, the accuracy of the numbers really isn't the point.

The point of my prior post obviously wasn't to make a comparison of Annaly versus PTSC. Rather, the point was that insiders who buy shares of their company when it's been in a downtrend are making a show of confidence to at least some extent, which in turn looks good to investors.

It seems that a number of folks in this forum are perpetually concerned about others who post here and who, in the eyes of the first group, make what they perceive to be "negative" comments. So, how does it look to potential investors that our (interim) CEO owns such a paltry number of shares purchased with his own funds --- do you think it looks "positive", or "negative"? Actions speak louder than words, and the effect is magnified when the "speaker" is someone in a company's upper management. I don't know you well, but my guess is that you would think it very "positive", as would I, if Cliff suddenly announced that he had purchased 1,000,000 shares of PTSC. So, what message does it send that, during his entire tenure with the Company, he has purchased only a small fraction of that amount, and on top of that, makes statements that PTSC is "too risky" as an investment?

Please understand that I'm not slamming Cliff on a personal level --- I think he's a nice fellow, even though he doesn't have the courtesy to reply to my very polite and sporadic emails. However, I am saying that for management to purchase shares of their company when it has been in a slump is a good thing. I don't see how there can be much realistic argument to the contrary, but I could always be missing something.

Best wishes.

Please login to post a reply
ronran
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
12/13/2004
Social Links