Patriot Scientific

Patriot Scientific Reports Profitable Quarter; Q3 FY '08 Net Income $6.3 Million or $0.02 Basic and Diluted Earnings Per Share.
in response to ronran's message

I agree with you regarding the unlikeliness that either side will appeal the NDoC ruling or award.

That being said, since the HTC ruling only covered a certain product offering of HTC's, and Otteson confirmed we allege more of their product infringe, that HTC still needs an overarching MMP license.

If that assumption is correct, and something we want to push, it seems that and appeal of the ITC ruling, with the hammer in hand of the NDoC verdict, would LEAVE our cross-hairs focussed in part on HTC, and leave them at continued risk of an adverse ITC reversal.

I believe I've seen a post saying we've offically appealed the ITC Initial Determination. If that's the case, do you or does anyone have an idea of the time it takes to get a decision on the appeal? Also, I've read that the Federal Court decision must be adopted by the ITC.

If either or both of those are true, then it could be that we see the rest of the "minnows" I referred to in my earlier post today settle over the coming weeks. Additionally, if a Samsung or Huawei or LG are cited by the ITC as infringing through the appeal, we will certainly gain leverage on them to come to a settlement, and if not, perhaps we can get some type of exclusion order from the ITC, or at the least, we'd have a very strong argument, IMO, for willful infringement if we were to get to a litigated verdict with any or all of those group.

Thoughts on the process / interplay with ITC and the recent verdict?

Please login to post a reply
lambertslunatics
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
06/18/2007
Social Links
Private Message