Patriot Scientific

Patriot Scientific Reports Profitable Quarter; Q3 FY '08 Net Income $6.3 Million or $0.02 Basic and Diluted Earnings Per Share.
Experts ...
over 11 years ago

I think a lot of this case is going to depend on the expert testimony. You have Dr. Subramanian for the Respondents and Dr. Oklodbjia for the Complainants. The decision could be based on the experts from Qualcomm, TI, and the other company I can't remember. It is about PLL systems and whether or not a ring oscillator relies on the external crystal to generate a clock signal. For me, what does "rely" mean. I certainly hope some decent settlement offers were made to TPL and were turned down out of confidence. Honestly, I would've expected some of the companies to be trimmed off the docket. So either we are supremely confident and did not accept any settlement offers, or the Respondents are supremely confident they can persuade the Judge that many, if not all, of the accused products rely on an external crystal to clock microprocessors via the PLL. I've bet it is the former.

One more week of trial and then a decision by easrly September. Hopefully, it will be earlier, like mid-august. We have never been this far before. I've already broken my fingers on the one hand from crossing them so hard, now the other fingers are crossed.

Please login to post a reply
ease2002f
City
Rank
Treasurer
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
12/28/2011
Social Links
Private Message