Patriot Scientific

Patriot Scientific Reports Profitable Quarter; Q3 FY '08 Net Income $6.3 Million or $0.02 Basic and Diluted Earnings Per Share.
roth ira
over 11 years ago

for those of us whom think that we are smarter than Cliff, because we bought stock, and if you bought stock in a regular retirement account...

....given that posters are of the general belief that this stock will soon sky-rocket!!! ...it might be a good time to convert to a roth.

....and forgetting the five year rule for the moment (which in real life you cannot do) it would seem like a no-brainer to do a roth conversion....given that a person converting now has until October 2014 to recharacterize the converted roth back to a regular IRA....(if nothing else, doing a roth now for 2012 already gives you one year...and i am told...that roth IRA's can be funded after a person is 70 and 1/2 - unlike regular IRA's)...so i am told...

....meaning that if the stock does zoom...you have made a brilliant move...and if the stock tanks..and you recharcterize back to a regular IRA...you have incurred no current tax liability.

...all in my opinion...and like all opinions on here..worth exactly what you paid for it.

....again just my opinion. ...it does seem that the stock will be worth something within the next year...or be worthless within the next year.

Please login to post a reply
nearbeer
City
Rank
Treasurer
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
07/14/2009
Social Links
Private Message