Patriot Scientific

Patriot Scientific Reports Profitable Quarter; Q3 FY '08 Net Income $6.3 Million or $0.02 Basic and Diluted Earnings Per Share.
in response to Marillion's message

I certainly don't think that a PR about the recent Markman ruling , in and of itself, is going to have any substantial or sustainable effect on the stock price, even though, as I recall, we did get a decent pop from the PR last summer. Rather, I think it is important that the Company be more forthcoming about positive events instead of letting them sit on the shelf --- it's just good business, rather than the "cone of silence" we have seen for so long now.

New investors, especially, need to hear from the Company itself when good things happen. Otherwise, they are left to discover such events on t heir own, which is either very difficult or requires waiting for the next 10Q --- or, of course, they can find forums like this, with all of the misinformation and misinterpretation that is inherent in such discussions. Conversely, when information comes directly from the source, it is morely likely to be well received and directly acted upon.

Also, a PR about the Markman ruling wouldn't simply be more "dead news" about another license, the latter having certainly become a rather ho-hum occurrence at best. The Markman ruling is the key to the Company's future that will hopefully allow us to turn those ho-hum license PRs into something much more meaningful --- so, if the ruling is indeed favorable to PTSC, then IMO it needs to be announced as such.

In summary, the PR itself would have limited value, but it could be used as the first in a series of stepping stones that evidence the beginning of the turnaround that all of us hope has occurred. Best wishes to you and all.

Please login to post a reply
ronran
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
12/13/2004
Social Links
Private Message