Patriot Scientific

Patriot Scientific Reports Profitable Quarter; Q3 FY '08 Net Income $6.3 Million or $0.02 Basic and Diluted Earnings Per Share.
in response to Mark4321's message

<It could be 4% to 40% and it wouldn't surprise me.>

If you can't offer any support for any range of percentages, any range you indicate is somewhat meaningless. Am I missing something?

<They say the 148 type SOC chips, controller, DSP etc have become like limited miniature computers, all on the chip. i guess they don't need an external circuit, it's all on the chip. That is the best answer i have heard. In that event, no external circuit is needed and the 336 is not infringed.>

If the 148 type chip interface I/O is not clocked by a second off chip clock, then there can't be infringemnt of the 336. I would not know if external circuits are typical, what devices might be on those circuits, and whether separate clocking of the off chip devices is typical. Nor would I know if it differed depending on the capabilities of the hand-held device, but suspect it may.

While your question should be of importance for infringers, it probably isn't all that important to PTSC investors. For most retail PTSC investors, the fact that a chip infringes on the MMP portfolio somewhere is the overriding concern. Not that it infringes on multiple patents. IMO.

Opty

Please login to post a reply
optymystic
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
11/02/2006
Social Links