Patriot Scientific

Patriot Scientific Reports Profitable Quarter; Q3 FY '08 Net Income $6.3 Million or $0.02 Basic and Diluted Earnings Per Share.
in response to l2007s's message

There was a point in time where TPL and PTSC were out of sync on their license tally, I believe mainly due to the inclusion/exclusion of the pre MA licensees Intel & AMD. At some point, I can't remember when, thankfully they decided to get in sync (I think it was in the 30th or 40th range). Since then, they have maintained the same language accross both companies regarding the number of licensees.

With that said, the last time the mentioned the license number of a particular signer was the Caterpillar license, which was no. 70. As you indicate in your post, 3 licenses have been signed and ANNOUNCED since then, making it 73, rather than 75.

To clarify, per your list above, from the Rockwell Automation (51st) there have been 23 additional licensees, which would bring the tally to 74. HOWEVER, consistent with the way the companies have presented the count, I don't believe Respironics is counted as a separate license as they were purchased by Royal Philips, and came under coverage through the RP license. I believe it's for that reason that CAT qualified as the 70th licensee.

That's how I get to 73, and with TPL/PTSC saying there are OVER 75 now, it should mean there are at least 3 unannounced licensees. I hope the PR parade continues and with any luck, we'll begin to see some meat to the claims of escalating royalty structures, ie. higher license fees!

Please login to post a reply
lambertslunatics
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
06/18/2007
Social Links
Private Message