Patriot Scientific

Patriot Scientific Reports Profitable Quarter; Q3 FY '08 Net Income $6.3 Million or $0.02 Basic and Diluted Earnings Per Share.
in response to l2007s's message

Below is what I could find quickly that underscores that once the re-exam is underway, only the patent holder is allowed to communicate with the USPTO, and there is no withdrawal of the request possible.

After the request for reexamination, including the entire fee for requesting reexamination, is received in the Office, no abandonment, withdrawal, or striking of the request is possible, regardless of who requests the same. In some limited circumstances, such as after a final court decision where all of the claims are finally held invalid, a reexamination order may be vacated, see MPEP § 2286

http://www.uspto.gov/web/offices/pac/mpep/documents/2200_2210.htm

I understand where you're coming from and WISH MORE THAN ANYONE, that there was hope of further money from the J's but no matter how anyone has presented it, I see nothing that would support that concept either legally or practically. I'm not trying to be argumentative, but simply provide the info that addresses your direct point. Hope it helps.

Please login to post a reply
lambertslunatics
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
06/18/2007
Social Links
Private Message