Patriot Scientific

Patriot Scientific Reports Profitable Quarter; Q3 FY '08 Net Income $6.3 Million or $0.02 Basic and Diluted Earnings Per Share.

<we encourage other prospective licensees to move quickly on the remaining licensing opportunities.>

With recert of the 336 and 148 looking promising and so close at hand, would we be giving these licenses away now for a song and a dance? Why are the current prospects coming forward now? Why not wait a few more days or weeks and see the what the outcome is at the USPTO for the 336 and 148?

The MMP patents are approaching the end of their life cycle, so unless there is real threat of litigation which could cost the infringer mega bucks, I wonder if even recertification at the USPTO will be sufficient to get many of these companies to license. Once patents have expired, I presume juries are less inclined to award the mega bucks for past infringement. Is alliacense hinting that once they have the 584, 336 and 148 recertificed, all remaining infringers at that point will be defendants? And at that point we are talking settlement costs as opposed to a simple license transaction? I've seen other patent cases where the listing of defendants takes up an entire page. If you take literally what Alliacense says, then the licensing opportunities are coming to an end. How else could it be interpeted? Opty

Please login to post a reply
optymystic
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
11/02/2006
Social Links
Private Message