Patriot Scientific

Patriot Scientific Reports Profitable Quarter; Q3 FY '08 Net Income $6.3 Million or $0.02 Basic and Diluted Earnings Per Share.

Based on PTSC's original rejection of TPL's offer, they considered their portion of the MMP value to be over $1B. Since they've receive slightly over $100K to date, I'd say the value to buy PTSC out at this point is a MINIMUM of $900M. And all this was before successful licensing had begun and with infrigement litigation in it's infant stages.

"Relational Advisors told the company that it represents Technology Properties Limited (TPL), Daniel Leckrone and Charles Moore in their effort to obtain PTSC ownership of patentsUS5809336, 6598148, 5440749, 5604915, 5530890, 5784584 and 5659703. PTSC's management and board deemed the $7.5 million dollar offer and related royalty-sharing scheme inadequate for the intellectual property held by PTSC. The company estimates the value to exceed $1 billion."

All of his buyout talk is misplaced in my opinion, as I don't think PTSC has travelled the road found here:

http://www.ptsc.com/news/archive.asp

just to turn around and sell out before the real money starts coming in.

While I don't particularly like that no shareholder letter or other PR accompanied the 10Q, in reality since December 1, there have been 14 PR's, published articles or SEC filings from PTSC. That's just under 1 every 4 days on average. Hardly the communication lockdown that we all like to complain about here. Without a license to announce, an acquisition to discuss or an event to attend/present at, there is little to discuss, ASIDE from the 10q results. In all likelihood, no further comment was issued on the 10q in an effort to avoid any exposure to settlement related issues. While I disagree its necessary to be that quiet, it may be that the NDA requires it. It may also be that an acquisition is being finalized, or it could just be that PTSC's ongoing poor communication skills are being displayed once again.

Please login to post a reply
lambertslunatics
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
06/18/2007
Social Links
Private Message