Omagine

Company has signed a Development Agreement with the Government of the Sultanate of Oman. Omagine Owns 60%; Sultanate Owns 25%; Consolidated Contractors Owns 15%. Project to be developed on 245 acres of beach front land on Gulf of Oman. The estimated cost approximately $2.5 Billion. BNP Paribas To Lead Construction Financing Syndicate.
Bloody Ridiculous
almost 9 years ago
Re: Bloody Ridiculous
almost 9 years ago
almost 9 years ago
almost 9 years ago
almost 9 years ago
almost 9 years ago
Re: Bloody Better
almost 9 years ago
almost 9 years ago
almost 9 years ago
almost 9 years ago
almost 9 years ago
almost 9 years ago
in response to JamesD's message

It used to be said that a QS was someone who knows the cost of everything (construction related) and the value of nothing. The QSs I know have moved a very long way on from that! For the UK and throughout the Middle East they are an essential part of the team for delivering quality projects from the outset. Some of my best freinds are QSs!

On one more serious point, it will be interesting to see what the agreement with CCC turns out to be. They could be taking on more of a Construction Management role rather than being a prime contractor.

Unfortunately I have yet to see a project with a contractor / investor where the contractor was able to make more from their investment than they could make from construction claims.

I hope I'm wrong on this one.

Please login to post a reply
mdb
City
London
Rank
Treasurer
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
06/21/2012