Legend International Holdings, Inc

The company currently holds an initial Australian JORC code compliant Inferred Mineral Resource Estimate for a partial area of Paradise South which has been completed and reports a total of 72 million tonnes @ 17% P2O5 at a minimum cut off grade of 12% P2O5.

By Jody Elliott, Director at The Resource Channel on 11 Oct 12

The Paradise South Phosphate project has this week received Queensland government approval to proceed.

The multi-million dollar open cut phosphate mine located north-west of Mount Isa will produce up to seven million tonnes of rock phosphate each year with an operating cost of around $200 million a year over 20 years.

The Paradise South Phosphate Project will comprise the development of phosphate resources (rock phosphate) for export and domestic markets with an open cut phosphate mine and phosphate handling and processing infrastructure. Key components of the Project include an open cut mine, beneficiation plant, start-up Tailings Storage Facility, water supply dam, power transmission line and an accommodation village.

The following work packages are currently open for tender and will generate the bulk of employment opportunities:

Package 1 - Beneficiation Plant

Package 2 - Power Transmission

Package 3 - Tailings and water Supply Dams

Package 4 - Water Treatment Plant

Package 5 - Accommodation Village and Administration Building

Package 6 - Mining Infrastructure (including the construction of the ROM pad and haul roads) and Operations

The project is anticipated to generate 420 jobs for the Mount Isa region.

The construction of the plant and associated infrastructure is proposed to be undertaken during the dry seasons of 2013 and 2014. http://www.theresourcechannel.com.au/blog/major-queensland-phosphate-project-approved

Please login to post a reply
topsecret10
City
Rank
Treasurer
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
03/24/2011
Social Links
Private Message