Intertainment Media

Connecting people with brands, Intertainment Media is a Rich Media Applications leader, focused on delivering solutions enabling clients to power enhanced branding, loyalty initiatives and consumer engagement
in response to sambone's message

Hey, Sambone. Thanks for the feedback. I have very little doubt that spinning-out Ortsbo into a separate entity and then having INT shares benefit from its growth is going to be the way to go.

Short-term cash is actually a pretty bad idea as it would get eaten up in developing INT's existing products - and I don't have a ton of faith in them.

The "NYSE deal" .... Reread the press release to see there is no mention of the NYSE, or any specific exchange. It actually bothers me that INT wasn't more specific on this point given the limited options. Having said that, I don't see how Ortsbo could even qualify for the NYSE or NASDAQ. I haven't looked at their listing requirements in a while - but there are some pretty heavy duty requirements in there that Ortsbo could not satisfy as a stand alone company.

Snap Interactive is a far bigger App company than Ortsbo - and they're still trading on the OTCBB.

Moreover, the language in the press release doesn't sit right with me:

"Ortsbo, has received an offer from Beverly Hills, CA based Lion Gate Capital Inc. ("Lion Gate"), a private investment group, to facilitate the US public listing of Ortsbo.com"

Either this was a poor choice of words, or it is the correct wording and it really isn't as big as people think. Why? There are hundreds, if not thousands, of firms that offer to "facilitate listings". That's their job. Firms try to take companies public all the time because that's how they generate fees and make a living.

Said another way, most TSX Venture companies have received phone calls from US firms offering to get them listed in the US. AGORACOM itself has been offered a US listing several times in the past 3-4 years.

As such, I'm a little skeptical about that piece of news pending clarification by INT. Specifically, did the Lion Gate offer include a cash injection big enough to satisfy the capitalization requirements of listing on the NYSE/NASDAQ/AMEX? Or were they planning to simply walk Ortsbo Co. around Wall Street looking for the money? Big difference.

Frankly, they would have been better off holding that news until they could provide more specifics. Right now, there are many investors questioning the value of that press release beyond its effect of adding speculative fuel to the trading fire.

Regards,
George

Please login to post a reply
AGORACOM-GT
City
Toronto
Rank
Administrator
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined