e.Digital

Flash-R™ patent portfolio e.Digital's Flash-R™ patent portfolio contains fundamental technology essential to the utilization of flash memory in today's large and growing portable electronic products market.
in response to emit's message
Tim , As i read via different article re Mediation , there are Three optimum times for mediation of a patent case . The first is after exchange preliminary infringement contentions , second preliminary invalidity contentions and the third claim construction statements. I believe Handal is very confident re claims strength that agreed for Mediation after claim construction order by judge. If you read those case laws majority of successful mediation happens after claim construction order that will make mediation very productive and greatly enhance the settlement.
The key issue in this regards is Handal doesn't want very early mediation. they want the defendant fully aware of significance of Nunchi claims via Judges interpretation. If they are so confidant about this route , then the mediator have full authority to negotiate and ultimately settle the case.
Participation by phone does not allow the mediator to a personal rapport with the representative. I am not a legal expert , but i am very interested to do my due diligence in these legal issues for better understanding. All above just my own opinion.
Please login to post a reply
sman998
City
ORANGE , CALIFORNIA
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
12/02/2006
Social Links