e.Digital

Flash-R™ patent portfolio e.Digital's Flash-R™ patent portfolio contains fundamental technology essential to the utilization of flash memory in today's large and growing portable electronic products market.
in response to DISCHINO's message

I apologize, but I have difficulty in developing respect for such a ridiculous marketing strategy. I am in complete agreement with Ron.

An NDA is useless when it is known absolutely that the info intended to be "protected" will enter the Public Domain. I can understand withholding dollar amounts. I can even understand withholding the fact that a new license has been secured when such news has virtually no way of entering the Public Domain (formal litigation not in process). But in the current circumstance, it IMO makes zero sense. Especially when the attitude is that there is an expectation that existing shareholders will spread the word - on an extremely limited basis.

The question becomes "what is the NDA protecting". I strongly suspect that all litigants, as well as all entities which have been placed on Notice, and perhaps entities fearful of being placed on Notice, are watching for PACERs from the instant litigation just as we do. All interested parties are aware, including existing sharehgolders who happen to look at related message boards like Agora. IMO, it would appear that the ONLY people that are not given the opportunity to become aware are prospective shareholders - you know, the folks that could potentially propel EDIG to a higher level of recognition and INVESTMENT!

But, before I go nuts with this thought, perhaps there is a strategy in play where EDIG is stockpiling for a more compelling PR with an impressive list of new licensees.

Here I'll add that it is my understanding that there is a cost associated with issuing a Business Wire PR. Thus, consolidating the news into a single PR - and a one-time cost - makes some sense.

SGE

Please login to post a reply
SGE1
City
Santa Ynez, CA
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
12/15/2004