e.Digital

Flash-R™ patent portfolio e.Digital's Flash-R™ patent portfolio contains fundamental technology essential to the utilization of flash memory in today's large and growing portable electronic products market.
in response to doni's message

Thanks, I can see that larger companies really have to have a defined protocol to manage and stay secure.

I used to work for an enity that had 2000 employees. Probably had atleast 1000 computers used by at least 1000 to 1500 employees ( some of them shared ). Many items installed on individual cpu's. We had a tech dept. that tried to centralize all installs of things like cameras, individual programs and such but I can tell you that individuals downloaded & installed programs secertly! Sometimes they were caught and made to remove them but with so many employees how do you over see that?

There were many depts. with unique needs.

I see the security issue for an enity like this as needing a massive multi layering of security ( IP ) but also a physical control of the sneaky employees ! it seemed that the tech. dept. was always behind ( not knocking them ) but always catching up.?

Is this just a never ending fight or can there be a security solution that will block out 50% - 90% of the the problems?

Just thoughts for a very chilly day up north in Washington!

Mahalo, vic IMO

Please login to post a reply
vic
City
Rank
Treasurer
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
06/25/2013
Social Links