e.Digital

Flash-R™ patent portfolio e.Digital's Flash-R™ patent portfolio contains fundamental technology essential to the utilization of flash memory in today's large and growing portable electronic products market.
in response to skreal's message

In net effect, skreal is 100% correct. It is certainly better for us that Apple's motion for judgment on the pleadings (MJP) was denied, because if it had been granted, Apple, and perhaps others, would have been dismissed from the case. However, the denial of the motion means only that EDIG has earned the right to continue litigating.

A motion for judgment on the pleadings is one of the most difficult of all motions to win. It's even more difficult that winning a motion for summary judgment, because at least with summary judgment, you get to submit affidavits and other evidence. With a MJP, on the other hand, you are stuck with relying only on the pleadings themselves, i.e., no extrinsic evidence is admissible. This is why MJPs are most often denied.

Believe me when I tell you that this ruling, in and of itself, will not cause Apple to have any great desire to settle the case, and that it is unlikely to be opening its checkbook anytime soon, if ever. And for those who think this ruling somehow establishes infringement in EDIG's favor, that is simply not so.

I don't post often in this forum, and am doing so today only because the shareholder meeting begins in a few hours. The point is that, for those of you who will be attending, this court ruling shoud not become a cause for excessive jubilation, or an excuse for asking the tough questions on Nunchi and other subjects to which the Company needs to respond.

Best wishes to all.

Please login to post a reply
ronran
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
12/13/2004
Social Links