e.Digital

Flash-R™ patent portfolio e.Digital's Flash-R™ patent portfolio contains fundamental technology essential to the utilization of flash memory in today's large and growing portable electronic products market.
in response to doni's message

re-phrase...

"Finally, the Office is adopting additional requirements for nonprovisional applications filed on or after March 16, 2013, that claim priority to or the benefit of the filing date of an earlier application (i.e., foreign, provisional, or nonprovisional application, or international application designating the United States of America) that was filed prior to March 16, 2013. If such a nonprovisional application contains, or contained at any time, a claim to a claimed invention that has an effective filing date on or after March 16, 2013, the applicant must provide a statement to that effect within the later of four months from the actual filing date of the later-filed application, four months from the date of entry into the national stage in an international application, sixteen months from the filing date of the prior-filed application, or the date that a first claim to a claimed invention that has an effective filing date on or after March 16, 2013, is presented in the application.

This procedure will permit the Office to readily determine whether the nonprovisional application is subject to the changes to 35 U.S.C. 102 and 103 in the AIA."

Every time e.Digital files a patent under nunchi....there is a redundancy of verbiage carried forward from the original filing. That method is established on 7 of the 9 applications published now...its not going to change.

As the platform builds it's carried forward.

Looks kind of like a funny transition to me...e.Digital is going to be on both sides of the rules.

Sman, for what you consider, plus the above, IMO, the office is going to have to make some kind of determination....I guess we'll have to see what gets carried forward in new applications after 3-16-13 and how shortly after 3-16 it happens to be first to file.

doni

Please login to post a reply
doni
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
12/14/2004
Social Links