e.Digital

Flash-R™ patent portfolio e.Digital's Flash-R™ patent portfolio contains fundamental technology essential to the utilization of flash memory in today's large and growing portable electronic products market.
in response to Sinkman's message

Thanks Sinkman, that was a well wriiten analysis of the claims, and I agree with your assessment.

However when Storage Devices Inc claimed, "stored in an EEPROM in natural analog form" , they were actually storing uncompressed, sampled, digital data. EEPROM is not capable of storing analog , just as flash memory is not capable of storing an analog signal.

There is a well written wikipedia article on flash memory, and how it evolved from EEProm, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flash_memory

I dont mean to belabor this point, it is just one of my engineering pet peeves when analog and "sampled" , or "uncompressed", are used to refer to the same thing.

Now if someone actually came up with a semiconductor based memory that was capable of storing an unfiltered true time domain analog signal of non-minimal length, they should win the Nobel prize in physics since at the same time they would have disproved the entire field of Quantum Physics, and there would be no point in Schrodinger's Cat :)

Please login to post a reply
techwiz
City
Rank
Vice President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
03/15/2011
Social Links
Private Message