e.Digital

Flash-R™ patent portfolio e.Digital's Flash-R™ patent portfolio contains fundamental technology essential to the utilization of flash memory in today's large and growing portable electronic products market.
in response to DISCHINO's message

My Stat. professor said, "Statistics don't lie, statisticiains do."...

Ratings are no more than a PR, advertizing ,and do not tell you much more than the size of a law firm. It is the quality of the ADVOCASY, and the tenacity and commitment to represntation of your client which makes great lawyers, as opposed to having a machinary of the bug law firm to grind out paper in a case.

I f you read the decision in the Markman case, decided by Court in 1996, http://www.law.cornell.edu/supct/html/95-26.ZO.html

you will see that they won the case for their client, but because a MOTION FOR DISMISSAL filed by defendant was left PENDING before the Judge till after the Jury Verdict was issued the Judge dismissed the case...

The advocay by DM was simply put outstanding. They framed the issue head on, going all the way back to 1791, and argued the case that question of FACT of any kind, be it technical or otherwise, is left for the Jury to decide...

And although, the Supreme Court Ruled otherwise,it was DM that represented their client to the best of their ability and caused the MARKMAN RULING by the Supreme Court that set the clear standard as to what the Judge's role is in complex Patent infringment case.

NO MORE SURPRISES BY THE JUDGE PULLING A RABBIT FROM THE HAT AFTER YOU HAVE A JURY VERDICT IN THE CASE, AND DISMISS THE CASE.

Markman case was decided in 1996. If you google it, they are still writing about the tectonic effects of the case in the practice of law.

Now that's what I am talking about, when I say EXCELLENCE IN ADOCACY. You establish a Landmark precedence that changes the face of the practice forever.

It is not about WINING OR LOOSING a case. It is about what you did in between...

Gil...

Please login to post a reply
Minister
City
Santa Rosa, CA
Rank
Vice President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
03/22/2005