e.Digital

Flash-R™ patent portfolio e.Digital's Flash-R™ patent portfolio contains fundamental technology essential to the utilization of flash memory in today's large and growing portable electronic products market.
Re: My SHM notes....
almost 15 years ago
in response to DISCHINO's message

I want to echo Joe's points and I think his report highlights the main points accurately. My perceptions:

First, the management was upbeat. Not with fluff but with concrete points.

Second, RP recoginized that in some cases they could have done better but it was a trial run and chaulk some errors, if any, to experience. In particular, the first run of 7 was "the price" for a more succesful second run against defendants. This means that the main purpose of the first run was the entice the people at DM to get on with it and second to fill the "tanks" of edig with cash. To be sure, some companies could delay the process for years through legal means and edig would, under the circumstances, have to show nothing for its efforts. Indeed, Samsung falls in this category. Lawsuits and appeals could take several years and in the mean time edig would be still broke. They really didn't admit anything about Samsung but it was quite obvious what it was happening.

Third, concerning transparency I talked to Fred in private as well as mr Polis. Both and in particular Fred admitted that the job sofar has plenty room for improvement but he made the point, which I accept as valid, that they in general were gun shy because of the lawsuit they were facing as to what they say. But he suggested that they will be more forward in the future and he will try to institutionalize again the letters from the president between announcements.

Third, the new plarform has some old elements but also several new ones that put it far ahead of the competition. On my suggestion he also admitted that a partnership with a large firm that produces for the retail market would be a great idea for the new product and that this paertnership would place Edig's products in the retail market with all the entailed results. Obviously this market is really large.

Fourth, the lack of any debt allows now the company to pursue partnerships with firms that produce allied products.

Fifth, RP has been dissappointed from the results they got from PR firms in the past and he himdelf will try to work on this subject. He wants to get Wall Street Journal and other top publications to acknowledge Edig' s claims.

My general impression is, at this point, that they work hard, they pissed on the electrical fence several times in the past, they know it, and they have learned from it. I do not expect they will do it again. Well. I now trust them far more than in the past and I am very optimistic about the future.

Please login to post a reply
DRVEN
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
02/13/2009
Social Links
Private Message