Zenyatta Ventures Ltd

More News
almost 8 years ago
in response to tranquille's message

Here's some DD for you. Your welcome. Please provide your attested/verified /cited  evidence of anything you state.

Its from Industrial Materials web site, may 2014 comparison of natural graphene vs synthetic.

Nothing more recent other than Zenyatta/israel NR's

The currently underway cement testing in Israel is the IM noted coming killer application.

There were no other such tests found in my search. CCC mentions not found; no attested commercial agreements.

Peter

Google IM search results:-graphene vs synthetic pricing comparison follows:-

"What about price?

One of the most talked-about points when it comes to graphene is price. Not just production costs, which until mass manufacturing methods are optimised will continue to be expensive, but also end-market prices, which will remain high until production costs come down.

Marinelli told IM that, in terms of natural versus synthetic graphene, he does not see much of a difference in price.

“In the long term, methods for producing powders are intrinsically scalable, so I can see less constraint in terms of process, scaling up and reducing the cost of flakes, rather than continuous films,” he said.

However, Marinelli also admitted that the question of price is the most difficult to answer in relation to graphene.

“If the material delivers the advantages that we all hope it will, price will become irrelevant because the material is only used in very small quantities,” he said.

“Secondly, I would rather not set a price that limits the range of applications. Rather, I would like to try and explore an application that can redefine the price point for the final product, which provides advantages for the customer as well as for the supplier,” he added.

Marinelli also noted that, realistically, graphene is going to make its way onto the commercial landscape via high value products, at least to begin with.

Market share

While the different and as yet ‘ unstandardised’ types of graphene each have their own advantages and disadvantages, Marinelli believes that the future of this material will contain both graphite-route and synthetic producers.

“To an extent, we have a degree of overlap even among platelets applications,” he said.

“Perhaps graphite-derived graphene, because of the presence of graphite and transition metals, might be more suitable for electrical conductivity applications and other uses, such as inks and plastic electronics.”

“AGM’s synthetic graphene platelets might find greater acceptance in polymer composites, paints and coatings, lubricants and functional fluids, whereas other end markets are more suited to the film-type of graphene,” he told IM.

“I do believe that both [types of producer] will be very busy filling the requirements of customers in these areas,” he added.

To conclude, Marinelli stated that while no killer application for graphene has yet been rolled out, commercial production of the material is not far off.

“Purely from a statistical point of view, there are so many potential applications that have been proposed to us that some of these are going to come to fruition,” Marinelli explained.

“In addition, the diversity of these applications, combined with the multi-functionality of graphene, gives me a lot of hope that we will pretty soon find a home in the shape of a ‘killer application’,” he said. "

Please login to post a reply
Peter Marshall
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
12/21/2007
Social Links
Private Message