Silver Falcon Mining

Welcome to the Silver Falcon Mining HUB on AGORACOM (Edit this Message from the "Fast Facts" Section)

They are relentless, working hard on a holiday weekend over on the trash board. Here is my post of the day over there. And if I could meet some of these bashers face to face I would enjoy putting my 16 years of martial arts to work, lol.

Ignore the history at your own risk. I agree that sfmi has not been managed perfectly but now with Roger Sammell now on board and very promising resources of gold and silver, we are in great shape. The economic world as we know it is headed towards massive change and shares of sfmi and other juniors will run rampant. And please note that Roger S. needs the share price to appreciate for his work to be worthwhile. He gets paid in shares so if it goes to zero he makes zero. If it goes up (which is why he took the job), he makes money. SIMPLE.

The effect of the so-called "hyper-enrichment" process undergone by the vein systems tended to produce multiple pockets of bonanza ore, or highly-enriched spots, which War Eagle Mountain is known to exhibit abundantly.

Google poorman mine and you'll find things like this:

The great discovery of 1865 was the Poorman mine, on War Eagle mountain.[49] It was so named because its discoverers were without capital to work it. The ore was the richest known, and so easily worked that it could be cut out like lead, which it resembled, but with a tint of red in it, which gave it the name of ruby silver.

But not until another important lode, The Morning Star, was located, October 14, 1863, did it begin to become apparent that the Owyhee mines would be noted primarily for silver. With these quartz discoveries came the towns--first Boonville and Ruby City, the placer communities, and after 1864, Silver City. When stamp mills were installed in the district beginning in 1864, their location made Silver City, rather than Ruby City, the leading mining town of the area. Two leading Boise Basin miners, J. M. More and D. H. Fogus, energetically developed the Orofino and Morning Star properties. Rock from their mines assayed extremely high in gold and silver, and by the fall of 1864, ore from their properties began to keep a number of different stamp mills busy producing a million dollars a year. Then in September, 1865, incredibly rich ore turned up in another magnificent War Eagle property called, somewhat imaginatively, the Poorman. A claim war stopped work on the Poorman after a production of only six days. But in those six days, surface operations by the hastiest methods yielded over $500,000 worth of ore. Litigation over title to the Poorman was finally compromised in the summer of 1866, and serious efforts began on the property. Fabulously spectacular Poorman ore specimens were displayed in Congress and in the Paris International Exposition of 1867 where they received a special gold medal. Additional major lode discoveries on War Eagle Mountain led to a full-scale underground claim war early in 1868, in which J. M. More was the leading casualty. But hostilities were suppressed, and the mines went on producing until the failure of the Bank of California, August 26, 1875, brought most work to a halt.

Geology of War Eagle Mountain

War Eagle Mountain is the eastern-most gold dome of the Owyhee Gold Trend, a 5-mile E-W trending mining area, which includes War Eagle Mountain, Florida Mountain, and DeLamar Mountain. The primary gold and silver veins on War Eagle Mountain are the "Oro Fino", "Central", and the "Poorman".

The "Oro Fino" vein system is known to extend at least some 12,000 feet in an N-S direction and has been observed to vary greatly in thickness (0.5 to 25 feet) and mill grades (0.5 to 1.25 ounces). As is typical for this kind of precious metal bearing quartz system, several large "pockets" of very rich ore concentrations occur scattered throughout. These so-called "hot spots" are locations where mill grades of up to 25 ounces of gold per ton are encountered; with some areas showing grades as high as 90-300 ounces of gold per ton. General ounce ratios of silver to gold are 14:1.

The "Poorman" vein system is identical to the "Oro Fino" vein system, but about 1,000 feet to the west, running parallel to the "Oro Fino". The "Poorman" vein is mostly silver.

The "Central" vein system is a cross-directional vein at right-angles to the "Oro Fino" and the "Poorman" veins. Two sets of major precious metal deposits exist in the locations where the "Central" vein intersects the "Oro Fino" and "Poorman" veins.

The "Oro Fino" vein system has (6) other major veins associated with it, while the "Central" and the "Poorman" have approximately (40) offshoots associated with them.

The gold and silver bearing veins of War Eagle Mountain are steeply dipping to sub-vertical in altitude and are generally oriented in a NS to NW-SE direction. The textures, mineralogy and geometry of the veins all indicate that they are "epithermal" deposits. The effect of the so-called "hyper-enrichment" process undergone by the vein systems tended to produce multiple pockets of bonanza ore, or highly-enriched spots, which War Eagle Mountain is known to exhibit abundantly.

Please login to post a reply
dcbass
City
Washington, DC
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
04/08/2009
Social Links