San Gold Corporation

Welcome to the San Gold HUB on AGORACOM San Gold Corporation - one of Canada's most exciting new gold exploration and mining companies.
in response to Lunch Meat's message

I posted a link to that story, I sure Lunch has read the entire article, but for those of you who do not read the articles, i just want to point out what the background was for the story,

With small caps continuing to outperform their large-cap peers, there is less easy money to be made. However, the trend should continue and despite some setbacks, plenty of opportunities remain in the small-cap space, according to portfolio managers Martin Dufresne and Patrick Potvin at Montreal-based Fiera Capital.

"In terms of hiccups, most of what we see is companies failing to meet expectations in terms of earnings or revenue growth," says Potvin.

"We haven't seen a lot of big disasters."

Since growth expectations are often lower for large-cap stocks, if a small cap is not growing it will probably see more of an impact. So if the economy is not turning around and companies don't start delivering on growth, the manager says there is a risk that smaller caps will feel more pain.

Read more: http://www.financialpost.com/story.html?id=2931803#ixzz0lkbOkPw8

This is one of those things that have been eating at this board for some time now, and hey guess what, we are not the only ones.

Please login to post a reply
AndyK
City
Winnipeg
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
10/17/2007
Social Links