Questerre Energy Corporation

Welcome To The Questerre Energy HUB On AGORACOM (Edit this message through the "fast facts" section)
in response to lifenergy's message

Good points guys, here is Mike's Blog for anybody that hasen't seen it

The EPA released a report today on Pavillion, a 1990’s conventional gas field, that while not yet independently reviewed says hydraulic fracturing caused water contamination. Questerre previously publicized the Frac Attack report that listed this field as a potential example of water contamination. We knew about this incident and made it available on our web site some time ago.

I don’t know whether the EPA is correct or not and some groups in America are vociferously protesting the EPA’s process as unfair. This might be right but I think it misses the point. What happened under the regulations in Wyoming over a decade ago, would not be allowed under the stricter regulations in Canada.

The EPA reports that at Pavillion, fracs were conducted as shallow as 372 m and surface casing was set as shallow as 110m and there were examples of cementing problems.

Whether it’s true or not, why not agree on the report’s three recommendations:

1. Baseline testing of water wells.
  2. Disclosure of frac chemicals.
  3. Improvement in well engineering and construction

Questerre has been advocating a discussion on those issues for some time. Perhaps this report will shift the debate from the idea you can frac through 1 or 2 kilometers of rock to issues where you really can contaminate ground water.

Or will the Gasland crowd extrapolate from a possible incident in a conventional well, to say it’s why you can light your tap on fire. The prospect of that is enough to make me want to light my hair on fire.

Rocket

Please login to post a reply
Rocket Man
City
Rank
Treasurer
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
10/01/2009
Social Links