Questerre Energy Corporation

Welcome To The Questerre Energy HUB On AGORACOM (Edit this message through the "fast facts" section)
in response to p_pulp's message

I completely agree Pulp...it's very contridictory, which is why I hope the government reads it and comes up with their own game plan...as these are just recommendations...but some of them are way out their...like them saying have municipalities regulate it...with QEC/TLM land there would be quite a few to deal with, and no way the government gives them that power.

There are 18 fraced wells there, go study them! No complaints from residents with water pollution (industry already does studies to make sure, ie. baseline readings etc)...they clearly have nothing on the industry, and have found nothing saying the industry has done wrong previously when they studied this.

I have been using translate on the report now, and there are some things that just don't make sense at all and are way over the top here.

You have to frac to define the resource!! If you don't allow the industry to frac area's where they have shot seismic and done a lot of research to pick, then what's the point? This report is written in such a way that you would think Quebec is the marcellus with 1000tcf of gas recoverable easy. We have nothing proved at all, it's basically nonsense to say stop so we can study...but you can't actually frac? So what's there to study?

I got a laugh out of this and the people reading will to. (pretend this is a new study lol) It's like saying we have to study the affects of using the microwave and if it causes cancer...but don't turn on microwave! ummm yeeeah brilliant idea, absolutely genious.

The government will be able to see this and will advise a way that they can continuing exploring and seeing just exactly what is there, and allowing the people to study everything. This would be solid, as it would make sure the industry is even more secure with operations...or they'd face being shut down.

Please login to post a reply
Rocco90
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
10/09/2007
Social Links
Private Message