Prodigy Gold

TODAY'S DISCOVERY, TOMORROW'S FUTURE Creating shareholder wealth by advancing gold projects through the exploration and mine development cycle.
Kodiak shorts
almost 15 years ago
Re: Kodiak shorts
almost 15 years ago
almost 15 years ago
almost 15 years ago
good work Dutchie
almost 15 years ago
in response to tau's message

Do let us know what your source for insider holdings was, so that we can duplicated/extend your work. Ditto the short shares - INK report, or elsewhere? and KXLAF?

Thanks for posting the list, Dutchie. I will print and scotch-tape to my work space.

Tau, good q's. I may have some thoughts:

"1) somewhere I saw(I think) that for a stock to be shorted it had to be at least 5$, is that the case or just BS" - your broker sets any threshold they want for you to short shares. Mine says $1.50 minimum, but if you're big enough, you can arrange to short anything you like, so long as the shares can be borrowed somewhere (or not - cf. naked shorting, and the Overtstock story ...). You can also post your own collateral - e.g. borrow your own shares to short them from your RRSP, or wife's account, or whatever you like ...

"2) is 685,000 new shorts a lot or is this normal in terms of percentage of total shares outstanding" - this is a big number as it's been zero for a long time, and nearly 1% of outstanding. One can only hope that it means someone wanted to short before picking up a whack on better tax terms from the PP, or flip in/out the wife's account, etc. - i.e. I hope it's not a true intent to be net-short. Or they knew the price would be driven down to facilitate the major cross-trades. A good mystery. Let me know where this data is from - i.e. INK or otherwise.

"3) what is the most useful info you can get out of such a list?" - I think we're looking for compositiona and stability - that the insiders are solid folk who aren't selling. So far so good.

"4) lots of names on the list are company names, what does it mean that they are insiders?" - many companies have nondisclosure agreements with KXL and therefore become insiders.

"5) not too long time ago it appeared that a lot of shares were traded and it was explained that someone was doing some house keeping with their shares. Why don't we see that as a plus and a minus between some accounts?" - we do see that somewhat, but for the most part trading in/out of wives', childrens', trust accounts - those account are not insider per se and don't have to report.

"6) Michael Phelps is that the Olympic swim champ, he must have some of his gold medals to buy Kodiak, maybe a good sign!" - different Phelps - this one the Olympics chairman in Vancouver - good guy to have on board.

Hope we can nail down the source of the insiders data, date, and shorts ditto. Thanks again Dutchie.

Please login to post a reply
cedartree
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
10/20/2007
Social Links
Private Message