Prodigy Gold

TODAY'S DISCOVERY, TOMORROW'S FUTURE Creating shareholder wealth by advancing gold projects through the exploration and mine development cycle.
Re: Kodiak shorts
almost 15 years ago
in response to tau's message

Can't help you out much with your list as I don't short stocks and don't use a broker for trading ( just an online account). Stock shorting is an interesting strategy at times but I'll wait until I reach the stage where I can invest full time. There are a number of investing heavyweights who post on this board who may be able to help you out. I checked out the link some time ago provided by Portee about naked shorting and whether Kodiak's over the counter U.S. shares( KXLAF) were ever subjected to naked shorts. I found them at least 3 times on that list when the share price peaked over $ 4.00 at the end of 2007 and early 2008. I don't believe the uptick rule exists anymore and the share price is not an issue as long as the broker agrees with issuing the shorts. Again my information is out of date. You would think the regulatory agencies would finally begin to understand the need for transparency in the market place and eliminate some of the abuses such as naked shorting. While composing this response I see Cedartree has come to the rescue( he's one of the heavyweights).

Please login to post a reply
explorationguy
City
calgary
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
04/22/2009
Social Links