POET Technologies Inc.

in response to fairchijisback's message

Fairchij: The above tells you that the laser is produced separately and bonded to the wafer.

Well, not quite. They prepared an 8" SOI wafer, bonded some 3" III-V wafers to it so that the III-V layers came flat on top of the SOI wafer, and then they fabricated the laser out of that compound. As a next step, they want to do the same with an 8" III-V wafer on a 8" SOI wafer.

At least this is the impression I got from cursorily browsing this paper which explains everything in detail. Unfortunately at this moment I don't have the time to read everything thoroughly, but I wished we had something detailed like that from POET!

Anyway, even though we do not know as much as wanted about the POET platform which makes it difficult to compare, it seems POET is still ahead of the curve. But others are trying to catch up of course, which is give us evidence – if anyone needed evidence – that POET is operating in a field desparately longing for solutions to overcome their pain points.

The "window of opportunity" Suresh mentioned in the 2015 AGM is closing, and I do understand that and why POET has do speed up product development at all cost – and I think I don't have to explain what "at all cost" means.

The company is silent regarding their technological progress on the POET platform and the product development (read: detector and VCSEL), however, I am assuming that there indeed is progress and that we will receive an update s…, em, in a not too distant future.

Please login to post a reply
Rainer
City
Dortmund
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
08/13/2014
Social Links