POET Technologies Inc.

in response to fairchijisback's message

I was hoping you would chime in on this one.  When it comes to the depth of understanding exactly how the Tech works we have some good resources here.  Periodically I will just type in "Integrated Photonics News" into google news and see what new pops up.  It is very obvious that the big push right now is to Monolithicly Integrate all parts of an IC using Photonics.  There are now way more than I have ever seen groups of people pursuing this path.  It means we are in the right area, if we can pull it off, to make a huge impact and lots of money.  Elenion is another company that I believe has been spoken about on this board.  They are a private company but are just emerging in the PIC space, and have yet to announce the newest products.  But they will before May they said.  Google them if you haven't, they have been in R&D a short time and are about to come to market.  This is the type of News I want to start hearign from Poet.

I am attaching some quotes from another article I read today that I find relevant.

The most important aspects are just beginning to happen: automated packaging and automated wafer-scale testing using tools that are only available at 200- and 300-mm wafer sizes, and that will be the real revolution. 

and

The big revolution is taking photonics from the edge of the circuit board and embedding close to electronics, increasing capacity and reducing power and cost by eliminating the SerDes [serializer/deserializer] required today. We will move to 3D integration of electronics and photonics, enabling processors, memory, switching chips, and sensors with far more capability than is available today. This photonic revolution has only just begun. The line between electronics and photonics will blur to the point that we don’t recognize the integrated circuits of the future and that will enable many new applications.

Please login to post a reply
bluecollardollar
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
02/17/2012
Social Links
Private Message