POET Technologies Inc.

To make it short and in addition to my previous post, POET Technologies Inc. can keep it's name even after they droped the towel to trademark the POET acronym, I'm 100% sure about that. Yes they could always change the name of the company, but at this point in time I think it would be a bad business decision for many reasons, so please stop trying to find new names for the company!!! Could still be a good idea to change the ugly logo though...

Regarding the "POET" trademark, what is important is that the technology is properly protected by patents. The company will use it's IP to develop products on its own, in partnerships, they will licence the IP, etc. The process developed by Dr. Taylor and his team will be used to develop a very large number of components IMO and everyone in the technolgical spere will eventualy know what the POET acronym stands for, at a point that it could even become too complicated if there is a trademark on the POET acronym itself, so it doesn't make much sense to trademark "POET" when you think about it. One will usually want to trademark a concept that is reproducible but not protected by patent, or just to give a name of a product for it to be regognized as the original or give it credibility, but seriously it's not necessary at all, the cable that will soon be marketed by the company could be named the XL1000AA Cable and that's it, or they could trademark a name for this type of connectors, but it is not necessary at all.

As for the "Powered by POET" expression, I don't know but Poet Technologies doesn't make batteries or power supplies, so I don't think it's really representative of the business anyways, but it's my opinion.

In conclusion, we could change the logo and find new slogan and even names for some of our products, but it's not necessary and not even an option, in my humble opinion, to change the name of the company at this point.

Please login to post a reply
Montreal_80
City
Rank
Mail Room
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
04/22/2014
Social Links
Private Message