POET Technologies Inc.

The Anadigics story is getting interesting. As a refresher to what has been talked about here on this forum in the past about how POET got hooked up with Anadigics. This originated as an effort by Peter Copetti in 2012. It has been said that Peter was directed to Anadigics by WIN Semiconductor.

http://www.marketwired.com/press-release/anadigics-and-win-semiconductors-announce-strategic-foundry-relationship-nasdaq-anad-1202357.htm

http://agoracom.com/ir/POETTechnologies/forums/discussion/topics/583713-a-gaas-foundry-success-q-a-with-win-semi-chairman-dennis-chen/messages/1831168

Now at the time the immediate focus was not around the Active Optical Cable market. That is of course the new managements Blue Ocean solution to gain very quick market acceptance of the POET platform and at the same time provide a very robust income stream while advancing the POET platform for the many other applications.

Now consider that POET is using Anadigics for development and not really as a significant source of supply. We have been told that Asia is targeted as the supplier for the AOC and it would I think be very likely that POET would be talking with WIN Semi. Whether directly related or not I think it is very possible that WIN Semi could be a competing bidder for Anadigics?

Anyways something to think about. I have also been thinking more in terms of who the new board members and management team are and their connections.

And finally what I woke up this morning thinking about to get this ball rolling. What interest does Apple have in POETs technology?

Here is a list that I started kicking around this morning.

The future of the Apple watch has been highly debated. Will it take off or not? My opinion is that I think it will if they can fix it.

The battery has to last and so energy efficiency is a must. POET offers a very big solution and maybe it becomes the next Blue Ocean application for POET because if the Apple watch can’t do more and do it better it will probably be a big flop. But I think it has the potential to be the biggest apple market if it can do more.

So in terms of power. POET offers the most efficient solution that is likely possible for the foreseeable future in my opinion. Total integration of all chips with small form factor very high efficiency. Now what could be added to that equation to add interest?

I think GPS is a must.

Solar cell enabled. I think the screen could act as a power supply POET cell. Taylor has always had a soft spot for this POET capability.

A camera including thermal imaging so can see in the dark. The image array could be fitted to the edge of the watch to make it easy to point and voice activate click. Getting carried away here but I think that a smart watch would need to have a low cost single chip solution that is extremely energy efficient to maintain battery life which seems to be the toughest nut for Apple to crack.

Please login to post a reply
fairchijisback
City
Rank
President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
10/17/2014
Social Links
Private Message