POET Technologies Inc.

in response to HOGAN's message

I was speculating that Poet might be willing to buy Anadigics, too. I changed my mind when Poet published recently, that they chose Anadigics for the moment, but this choice is not for eternity. They are always looking for good partners.

extract from the CS-article:

http://agoracom.com/ir/POETTechnologies/forums/discussion/topics/654953-poet-technologies-from-lab-to-fab-great-article-launch/messages/2055045#message

"There are multiple foundries out there, but Anadigics has a state-of-the-art six inch facility," he says. "We're targeting high volume low cost markets and having the cost advantage of larger wafers is so important. And to be frank, I didn't want to go through multiple wafer transitions."

Also critically for POET, the New Jersey-based foundry has six inch VCSEL processing capabilities.

"There aren't too many companies out there today that have this. Most foundries are still at three or four inch, while many six inch foundries in the Far East don't yet process optical components," points out Venkatesan.

"In terms of long-term high volume manufacturing we're still evaluating who this will be, but it is this mix of six-inch facility and VCSEL capability that has engaged us initially with Anadigics," he adds.

This doesn´t sound to me as if Poet ist interested in buying Anadigics. Poet wants opportunities, not the complete process in their hands.

By the way: We all are waiting for some news. In this article we can read that an epi-wafer-supplier will bei chosen in 2015 and will be announced "soon"(?). This could happen at Q3-numbers or at Januar-Conference.

Greetings

Holk

Please login to post a reply
The Holk
City
Rank
Treasurer
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
08/20/2015