POET Technologies Inc.

I am wondering if there is anything to this, or perhaps I am thinking too much (would not be the first time). Historically in various communications I have been under the impression that POET can realize up to 10x power improvements, but this applies to devices such as phones etc. I have heard various times that the power savings for data centers would be a 2x improvement, which of course is significant. However, I am now getting the impression that there may be up to 10x power savings with data centers, which would be incredible (possible recent improvement with the technology?).

(bold is mine)

One Previous Reference to 50% Savings
At 3:08 of the CIC from Stephane Gagnon "So, when you talk about fabricating computer devices, or computer processors, that go in data centers, for example, if you could save 50 percent of the power consumed by processors in data centers today. You would save so much electricity on a per year basis in terms of opex for those data centers, cloud computing applications. This is the value proposition of a technology like POET. So, these two things are purely based on the GaAs, the gallium arsenide that we use."

Recent Comments on Power Metrics
At 6:56 of the CC from Ajit Manocha " Specifically applied to short and very short range, short reach optical transceivers for example, we believe our process could enable up to a 10X reduction in power consumption, component cost, and form factor."

and..

From the last NR from "Specifically applied to short reach VCSEL based transceivers for example, POET could enable up to 10X improvements in power consumption, component cost, and form factor" and "The Company indicated that its initial market focus is short reach and very short reach data communications, a massive and particularly high-growth sector whose most acute pain points often revolve around power management within data centers"

Am I interpreting this correct, in that these statements are referring to 10x improvement in power for data centers?

I hope so - good luck!!

Please login to post a reply
Quan Gork
City
Vancouver
Rank
Vice President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
02/05/2014