POET Technologies Inc.

in response to fairchijisback's message

FJ wrote: "More than a few people probably bought shares leading up to this event believing they would be able to take a nice profit with the expected runup. The runup has not happened. When you think back to the EC and how the share price nearly topped out at $3..."

It's very interesting that there has been no run-up. Two factors play heavily there, among others, of course: first, many POET shareholders have accumulated since the EC, and thus do not feel the need to increase their positions further, along with perhaps a lack of funds to do it; and second, the learning curve on the way in which the stock trades. No one wants to be caught holding the bag after an event thought by almost all (myself included) to be significant and endure the effect of a collective market yawn. However, as there has been no run-up, I don't think that even a disappointing CC (by the standards of many here) will drive the stock down significantly.

A lot depends on people's expectations for the CC. For me, POET management is acting as they said they would at the AGM - 90 to 100 days for the new management to study all things POET and solidify a business plan. And I applaud that they have decided to share that updated vision with us. The timing seemed reasonable at the time and it continues to seem reasonable now.

I believe there will be statements by management that will greatly excite the techies here. But the one element that is very important to the share price (and not nearly as important to the fundamentals) is the anticipated timing of deals, revenue, etc. Most AGM attendees to whom I spoke (the usual suspects that everyone here knows) got the impression, as did I, that management was saying "we've got great things going on here, we've got the people to turn those things into revenues and profits, but it's going to take some time." I felt that only a portion of the "time" they needed was the 90-100 days, and that it was going to take more "time" beyond that to get some commercial traction.

So, for a non-techie like me, I look forward to hearing how our (new) management comes across, how the techies here react to what was said, and, most importantly for the share price, listening for a sense on the pace of things to come.

Please login to post a reply
Babaoriley
City
Los Angeles
Rank
Vice President
Activity Points
Rating
Your Rating
Date Joined
02/05/2008
Social Links